Dad's Back is the 21st episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, and the twenty third episode produced. The episode starts when Kurt shows up in the middle of a snow storm and everyone in the Tipton is trapped inside. Meanwhile Maddie rigs a "Secret Santa" bowl so that London will get her a gift.
Everyone's plans are canceled when a snowstorm traps everyone in The Tipton Hotel. Carey, Zack and Cody are stuck with Kurt Martin. After Cody sees Carey and Kurt hugging he thinks they are getting back together. Maddie tries to get an expensive present from London by writing her name on all the "Secret Santa" slips, and asking London to pick. In the end though, Maddie is disappointed when London gives her a jacket she sewed herself, with no hole for the head (There is a third arm instead).
Mr. Moseby has to have Arwin's help to keep everyone in the hotel warm by firing up a furnace with ripped-up furniture (And Arwin loves this idea). While this is happening, a couple named Mary (who is expecting a baby) and Joseph come to stay at the Tipton on Christmas Eve (but there are no rooms left), and she goes into labor, but can't make it to the hospital because the roads are closed. Finally, Mary must give birth in the Elevator. A baby boy is eventually born and his name is Joseph.
- Arwin: It's Santa! Everyone pretend to sleep. [Pretends to sleep]
- Mr. Moseby: [To Zack and Cody in the elevator] How's Mary doing?! Can she hold on?!
- Cody: I'll ask her!
- [Mary screams in pain]
- Cody: That would be a no!
- Cody: [As Mary gives birth] Isn't this weird? Mary and Joseph traveling together...
- Zack: ...on Christmas Eve...
- Maddie: ... but there's no room at the inn...
- Arwin: ...and a child is born.
- Esteban: What a coincidence.
- London: I don't get it.
- If Arwin had gotten 1,000,000 (1 million) light bulbs to use for the Tipton Hotel, and if each light bulb produces 75 watts of power multiply that by 1,000,000 you get the following amount: 75 X 1,000,000=75,000,000 watts of power, that is enough power to power an entire city for years.
- Carey's necklace is on backwards for two scenes.
- The baby can't come out of Mary's stomach within a matter of minutes. Usually people are in labor for a longer period of time.
- When they say that the snow is 10 feet deep, they show pictures of the outside of the Tipton and there is only a small amount of snow.
- London spelled Maddie's name M-A-T-E-E on the sweater, but wouldn't she have seen that it is really spelled M-A-D-D-I-E when she looked at the name on the Secret Santa paper?
- There is a bit of what happens from the Bible when Mary and Joseph had a baby on Christmas Eve.